Thursday, November 4, 2010

#41 - Beach Colors

Beach Colors
6x6 oil on linen panel
#41

As much as I think that sticking to a particular subject really helps you understand and paint that subject better, sometimes life happens.  I needed to have several small pieces to take to the Montpelier Races this Saturday, so I have been going back and forth between my beach cottage paintings, and dogs.  Much easier to do with these small 6"x6"ers.  I have found that these small paintings keep me thinking and working on things such as color interactions, shapes, simplification, and a million other things more easily, because they are completed quickly.  It is so easy to get bogged down in tiny details, that I have to remember my reasons for working on different subjects.  On to the next one....

No comments: