Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#45 - Mason's Ride

Mason's Ride
5"x5" oil on panel
#45

This is a little painting done from memory of a photograph.  Once I took the photo of the painting, I can see the things I would like to change when I do this larger.  I feel that the colors need to be a bit more intense, and the background more defined.  Not defined in the sense of seeing actual trees and such, but more thought out in my mind.  These small paintings become such wonderful places to work out ideas without the fears that creep in when we work on larger work.  The small ones can many times stand on their own, as well as work as previews of "things to come".  R.I.P. Mason.

1 comment:

Maria's Watercolor said...

I really like this one, the older truck and the dog always ready to go for a ride, great painting, perfect color choices.