Friday, January 14, 2011

Artist Stew and Other Mental Activities

Bright Bangs
5"x7"
oil on canvas

The last donkey painting for a little while.  I am making stew.  Well, not really the kind you eat, but rather I have all sorts of things stewing around in my head.  Subjects to paint, how to paint them, the good, the bad, and yep, even the ugly.  Stewing on what works, what doesn't work, and how I can paint what I want to paint, the way I want to paint it.  That's a lot of stew!  But I think all this percolating, stewing, interior mental work is necessary to eventually understand what makes each artist unique, and able to have their own say as artists.  So, back to the mental kitchen....

3 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

Love your donkey paintings and this one is especially sweet, and good luck with the stew!

Bobbi Heath said...

I love the donkey and I COMPLETELY understand the stew and the stewing. It's good, it's the way forward. I like the new year because it's a great time to forget everything you are "supposed" to do and paint something, in some way completely new for you. Go for it!

liz wiltzen said...

Loving these donkeys Elaine, stew on sister!