Friday, September 23, 2011

Beginnings

Blocking in stage of large landscape
oil, 36"x48"

I started blocking in a large landscape that will be part of the at least one, and maybe more, of the three shows I have lined up.  I am playing with titles for the the series of paintings, and going in the direction of  "A Different Perspective", or "From a Different Perspective", something along those lines.  

This painting is very rough, and the photo isn't very good, so it is pretty hard to see it.  But I will keep you all up.  I will also post the paintings from Ireland, I promise!

4 comments:

Egretta Wells blog said...

I like it already! It's a good idea and can't wait to see the finished painting!

pristine said...

Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you by Revathi

Elaine Hurst said...

Thanks for your comments! I am very interested in paintings that take a bit of different point of view. Such as this one where it has almost a view as you would get from a plane. A lot of it is coming from my head. I want to see if I can get the feeling of distance, going off into the haze, as well as the patch-work feel that you have when looking out a plane window. The Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, where I live, is surrounded on two sides by the Blue Ridge Mts., and the Appalachians, and gives beautiful framing for what I want to paint.

Taryn Day said...

This is an intriguing painting. I'm also interested in painting from unusual points of view. I'd love to see this when it is finished.