Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to the Blog!



I haven't been very diligent about my blog posting for some time.  I apologize for that, and I am trying to do better.  I've been through some health issues which sapped a lot of energy f and my blog was swept up into the pile of things left undone.

Still not a huge amount of energy, but I am trying to get myself back into a certain schedule of work.

I did participate in an annual event put on by the Blue Ridge Fall Races Foundation.  They raise funds for various charities in their area.  In the past the event was held at private farms, which made for wonderful locations to put up art booths.  Many years we, as the Virginia Equine Artists Association, have had several members participating.  This year it was only me.  There is always a nice meal, good music, and an auction.  This year they auctioned off one of my paintings, which sold for $1,400, and was then donated back to the cancer center which is working to build a new building at the Winchester Medical Center.

On top of that, I sold three paintings, which made for a nice evening.

Happy Mid-Summer to everyone!

1 comment:

Egretta Wells blog said...

Elaine, good to see you back blogging and congratulations on selling the three paintings! Hope you get back to feeling great!