Monday, January 26, 2015

6x6x30 Exhibition




I was just accepted into a show at the Spitzer Art Center in Harrisonburg, VA, "6x6x30 Show".  This is a show which will have 27 artists, two sets of collaberative art, in which we each create a 6"x6" painting each day for 30 days.  They will all be hung at the Spitzer House at the end of the 30 days, which is for the month of March.  I have some work started, but thought you might like to see some of the panels as I toned them.  All will be toned with Ivory Black oil paint.  I have several ideas which would work well for this, but I am settling on having most of the paintings have something to do with Harrisonburg and/or Rockingham County Virginia.

I've had a long spell of not much painting, and I hope I haven't bitten too much off, but I have done this kind of thing before, and look forward to it.  I'll keep you up on what's happening, even at the end when the show is hung.

Stay tuned!


No comments: