Friday, July 16, 2010

Starting to Start

beginning of painting:  Summer Afternoon, oil

Ok, here's the beginning of a new painting.  It started as a demo for a workshop I taught, then I worked on it a little the other day.   I am really enjoying painting the water, and the interaction between the girls and the ponies.  Th pony on the left will have a lead rope attached, but that will come.  I so enjoy working on paintings that have some sort of a different perspective.  This one, looking down on them, gives me so much to work with, the water, the swirls, the girls, the ponies, reflections, light.  Lots to think about and respond to.  I love to play with the  colors, where the eye goes in a painting, and the whole sense of a warm summer day in a cool location.   I will soon post the finished painting for this one.  But I was having so much fun painting it, that I wanted to share it with you.  Enjoy!

No comments: