Friday, October 8, 2010

More Wave Action

Lone Wave
8x10" oil on line panel
#32

We are on Topsail Island, North Carolina, with wonderful weather, great family time, wonderful beachy time.  I decided that I am going to work on water, since we are so surrounded by water here.  This was a 20 minute painting.  All I wanted to work on the wave action.  I think I should have made that central, without the background water.  I will work on more of these while we are here.  The colors in the waves are different according to the thickness of the wave, with the light going through it.  I am hoping to work on learning how to get the luminosity of the wave where it is the thinnest.  This will be an ongoing project.  

2 comments:

Maria's Watercolor said...

How lucky you are to be on the beach enjoying the ocean, and studying it too. Amazing work, beautiful colors.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Lovely abstracted quality too. Very nice.