Sunday, August 7, 2011

Doolin and Beyond

Doolin, Ireland (the village)
morning walking near Doolin
Doolin Quay (harbor, pronounced "key")
Dusty the Dolphin in Doolin harbor
Innis Oirre/Innisheer (English/Irish), smallest of the three Aran Islands
Innisheer
Cilffs of Mohr
Cliffs of Mohr
Cliffs of Mohr

I am way behind in posting to the blog.  I haven't been able to get into a place where an internet signal was available.  I traveled from Wexford, by bus to the west of Ireland, to Doolin.  There are so many great stories, and pictures, and people from the travels, that I may be posting them way out of order, as now I am in Headford, near Connemara.

But back to Doolin.  Reknowned for its traditional, "trad" music, it was a real treat to be there.  I had thought I would paint, but I was not figuring in travel days.  Travel in Ireland isn't hard, just time consuming.  I had planned to hire a car, but decided that was too much, so I took the bus.  I'm glad I did.  I met people, got to snooze, and didn't have to worry about driving on the left, traffic, rain, and the Irish signs, or lack thereof.

1 comment:

Egretta Wells blog said...

Beautiful photos of Ireland! Makes me want to go! Is the festival over? hope you will post your work later. Egretta