Friday, August 26, 2011

Dublin, and Headed Home

 Train ride from Galway to Dublin
 River Liffey, Dublin
 Temple Bar
View from my hotel the last evening in Ireland

I decided that I would take the train from Galway back to Dublin.  I love trains, and thought that would be a different way to end the trip.  I got back to Dublin, and had a little while to kill until I could get into my room at the hotel.  I found I had to take my luggage to a left luggage location other than the train/bus station.  I had long since decided that I would need to lighten the weight of my painting supplies for future trips.  I found wandered around Dublin, mostly the Temple Bar and Grafton Street area.  I thought how I should be going into the museums, but by this time I was getting tired, and so just wandered around.  Later in the day, I found I had to take a cab to the hotel, which was an experience in itself, since the cabbie couldn't find the hotel.  But, in typical Irish fashion, I had a great talk with the cabbie, and other than knowing my tab was heading skyward, had a nice ride.  I had booked in a hotel near the airport to make things easy in the morning.  To make it a bit more special, I found reviews that talked about the horses grazing all around the hotel.  Perfect!

3 comments:

Egretta Wells blog said...

Did you have tea on the train from Galway to Dublin? The scenery from the train looks so pretty.

Elaine Hurst said...

I did have some tea on the train, and ate the packed goodies that my South African friends sent along with me. It was a very pleasant trip.

Unknown said...

A traveling from Galway to Dublin through the train then it becomes amazing or great. It is a beautiful way for traveling.
hotels in Ireland