Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Working on Glint

I know it is a little hard to see in a photograph, on a computer screen, but I was working on "glint".  At least that is what I had wanted to work on when I started.  It ended up being the very last thing I thought about, which is good, I think!  This was from a session of plein air painting on the river near Crimora, VA.  It was cool, breezy and sunny, so the water was changing constantly.  I got everything down in about 45 minutes, then added a little glint.  I had been thinking about how artists capture that mystical quality of light, glint on water, and wanted to try.  I think it got it pretty well.  Just a small little oil, on gessoed watercolor paper.  I did another painting that day, but I will put that one up tomorrow.  Cheers!

No comments: