Monday, August 23, 2010

#9 and #10 of 100 in 100

The Beast
16x20 oil on canvas
#9 
Summer Snooze
8x10 oil on paper
#10

Here are numbers 9 and 10 painted during a plein air workshop I took this weekend.  It was taught by Ron Boehmer, who I have taken many classes from, and learn more every time I take a class from him.  We had a range of weather, from hot, sunny, hazy, and even some rain.  A great time had by all, even a lovely dinner sitting out on the deck of our hosts.  The location was an 80 acre cattle farm in the Shenandoah Valley, with all sorts of things to paint.

I have become interested in painting old trucks, ever since I saw Carol Marine's paintings on her blog.  Now I look for them, and found a great old dump truck this weekend.  He actually is called T Rex, but he was a real "Beast" I thought.

Now getting ready to leave for Maine in a week for my artist residency in Acadia National Park!  Have to get everything together! 

1 comment:

Pam Holnback said...

Just discovered your blog. Love your challenge. Really like "Going wild" and the strong, bold colors.