Saturday, August 21, 2010

Goin' Wild!

Goin' Wild
16x20" oil on cavas
plein air piece
#9 of 100 in 100
price on request

I can see that the photo of this painting doesn't quite do justice to the bright colors.  I toned the canvas bright red, which comes through here and there.  I went a little wild wit this one, and had lots of fun.  This is a plein air piece done on the first day of a two day plein air workshop.  I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and really push and play with the colors.  Almost abstract.  It is # 9 of 100 in 100.  I started out thinking I would go on as usual, but that red was called to me!

2 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Hi I just found you. You have lovely colors in your work. I find it very appealing, playful and dreamy. I look forward to returning.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Gorgeous. It reminds me of how Wayne Thiebaud paints cupcakes. Really lovely. Gosh at 16x20, it must be stunning in life!