Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Acadia National Park - Schoodic Penninsula

No pictures yet, but tomorrow I plan to start putting up work I'm doing, as well as a little bit about the area. So pretty here!  Fir trees, Birch trees, ocean, rocks, all waiting to be painted!  Amazing!  I got "home" to my little apartment here in the staff housing after a fun pot luck dinner with a group of the interns and volunteers.  Most are here to be working with kids that come with their schools to the S.E.A. program.  A program to teach kids about the environment of this area by staying out here for a couple nights, and learning all sorts of fun things.  All part of the Schoodic Education and Research Center.  I won't be here when the kids start coming (drat), but I'll talk to whoever else shows up.  I give two talks/demos, then take the visitors out to paint or draw.  The interns are mostly college or just out of college age folks, with some older people here also who volunteer/live here for the season.  The other "house-mates" in the "suite" that I am living in is a husband and wife team who have come here for several years to work in the park.

Tomorrow I will be out scouting for painting locations, and doing some work.  I will post what I get done, at least that's the plan.  I'll throw in some photos of the area, just to make everyone jealous! :)  Stay tuned!

No comments: